CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

One week down

This is Devin aka the D~man. I am 10 yrs old and I am in the 5th grade this year. I asked my teacher if we could write letters to Chris' platoon this year for one of our writing assignments and she said that we probably could. I didn't know it but her son is in the Army to. I don't know where he is stationed but I will ask her this week.
I wrote Chris a letter today when I was suppose to be cleaning my room but when mom found out what I was doing she couldn't be mad. But I really need to get my room clean cause Chris told me before he left that if I cleaned my room and kept it clean I could have his stereo. He is a pretty cool big brother. He even told me that if I kept my grades up he would send me something cool.
I really miss Chris because he would come in my room and play guitar hero with me and other ps2 games. He even gave me his razr phone before he left because he couldn't take it with him and he said when he finished BCT he was going to get him a new one.
I think it is so cool that Chris is a Soldier. It makes me very proud and all my friends think it is awesome. I can not wait til December when he finishes BCT and hopefully gets to come home for Christmas. I hope he is here before Christmas break so that he can wear his uniform to my school to pick me up.

I love you Chris,
D~man

2 comments:

Carla said...

I know he's proud of you too.

liberal army wife said...

Now... about that room! It would be a great present for him (and for your mom) if it was neat when he got back. and, hey... guys... an extra hug for mom every once in a while would be great too.

I'm glad your class wants to write letters and cards. The troops during BCT really depend on mail, so that would be a truly kind and generous thing to do.

LAW